Jint is now using Mecurial on CodePlex

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM

As the popularity of Jint is growing, and we'd like to get more contribution from it, we have moved the source code management to CodePlex directly, using Mercurial. If you are willing to contribute, like adding new features, correcting bugs or adding unit tests, feel free to create a Fork on the source code, and push you changes on it. It will make it easy for us to review the changes and include it in the main branch, while allowing you to save your modification somewhere.

Sebastien

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Very cool. But I'm a bit confused. I may be confused with another CodePlex project, but I thought I produced a number of fixes for Jint to get some of the failing unit tests to pass, but then I found that the real source code was hosted on Subversion elsewhere and over there the source code has been completely overhauled, so I just walked away from the whole thing after sending an e-mail to complain (from which I heard from no one). Now that the source code is ported over to Mercurial, it's still the same old code with the same glitches that I had fixed locally long ago but was unable to contribute anything because the CodePlex code was stale.

It seems that Evaluant intended to fork Jint's CodePlex codebase to accept contributions and live a life of its own, separate from the private life of the fork of Jint maintained internally at Evaluant. Is this the case? Or am I utterly confused ..

I'll fork and submit changes if I may.

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Jint source code releases where done in parallel to binary releases. Each time we were doing a new release, we were also providing the corresponding zipped source code. The current developped Jint's source code has always been available on Evaluant's SVN server, so that anyone can enlist to it and follow what is currently done.

The SVN version should now be obsolete as all the work needs to be done on CodePlex from now on. When I created the Mercurial repository, I checked I had the latest bits, so if you worked with the svn repository, you should have the same version. I assume with mercuiral it will be easier to maintain a private branch while still getting our public changesets.

And please provide a fork if you have some contributions for it. I would suggest to have different forks for each sub feature, or to create atomic changesets.

Thanks
Sebastien

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM

cool!.... what is the url and parameters to connect to the mercurial repository?

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2010 at 5:45 PM

https://hg01.codeplex.com/jint

Or go to Source Code, and there is a specific section with all the information on the right of the screen.

Sep 7, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Thank you. VS 2008? I'll fork it to VS 2010