Jint for .Net 4.0

Jun 8, 2010 at 3:42 AM

I'mg migrating projects to .Net 4.0 now, but Jint is compiled for .Net 2.0.

I tried to re-compile from source, but it seemed that current Antlr source is not compatible with Jint.

Whould you please provide a Net4.0 version of Jint, or some idea of how to compile it under .Net 4.0?

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Hi,

I have not checked yet, but Jint should work with .NET 4.0 without being recompiled. Anything done in a previous version of the .NET framework should be compatible with a later one. Even though the CLR is a different version, it should work, doesn't it ?

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:08 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 7:09 AM
Well, the actual problem is Antlr - We are using StringTemplate in our project, which references a different version of Antlr(v3.2). Keep 2 versions of Antlr assembly in the same project considered a bad idea. We tried to re-compile StringTemplate and Jint to use the same vesion of Antlr, targeting .net 4.0. But Jint won't compile for Antlr 3.2, so we are suck now.
Feb 6, 2011 at 7:44 AM

If you use the latest Antlr.exe that goes with your Antlr3.Runtime, then the few errors in the generated ES3Lexer and ES3Parser will be pretty easy to figure out. The ES3.g file is Jint project directory.

Jamie