Donating code

Mar 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Hi,

I have been working on some modifications to Jint.

• I have it compiling under .Net 3.5, most of the test passes (there is problem with initializing a date with a 0 value and then getting the year, but I isolate to a .Net problem and not a Jint problem)
  • I have replaced the internals so it uses decimal to store numbers. This is to solve the 0.1 + 0.2 = 0.3 problem.
  • I extended so when calling a .Net method that has a Jint.Expressions.Expression as parameter, it will pass the Expression instead of the evaluation to it (in preparation for a version of an Entity Framework in JavaScript). This also includes a modification to the eval, so it evaluates variables in JavaScript that contain a JS expression.
  • I am extending it with a "LoadAssembly(string filename)" function, and attributes to mark what functions in the DLL will be available to the scripts. This puts the script in control of the .Net libraries to load

I would like to give back and donate the source code to the project. Do you guys have any procedure to donate code to the project?

If not, what is your position in branching the project? I know that you guys use an MIT license style, but I want to be respectful and confirm first.

Jorge

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Hi Jorge,

We have no real procedure, but you can send a private message using the user contact form to provide us with your code so that we can have a look and see what we can introduce in Jint ?

To branch the project, I'll let Sébastien Ros deciding on it.

Nicolas Penin