Setting permissions per namespace

Feb 13, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for this awesome project!

Please forgive me if I say something stupid here; I am yet to go through any official computing education and am just self-taught at this stage. It seems to me like being able to set access permissions per namespace would be a really neat and simple way of setting up an API for an application using Jint. I have a project that I have been working on for some time that requires scripted extensions to be shared between users and I had previously been using the MSScriptControl to achieve this but it was proving to be too limiting.

I am now trying to convert the project to using Jint. I need to provide access to a quite complex namespace with 60+ classes at the moment and I would like to not provide access to the rest of the CLR. Is there any way I can do this without having to rewrite all of my existing classes?

ThomasMaierhofer achieved something similar to this here: http://jint.codeplex.com/discussions/211291

So, in summary: Is this possible? And if it is, why is this not a feature of Jint?

Thanks for your help,

Sam.